Well, I’ve resisted the temptation to post lists and odd facts about myself up until this point. I mean, who wants to know that I once pierced ears in a mall, or that I have never had a cavity (said while eating a brownie for breakfast)? Someone does, apparently, as I have been tagged by the delightful Princess Pea for an About Me Meme.
The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
1) What was I doing ten years ago?
I had just finished up my first year of college and was about to embark on a fun job at a movie theater. The Sweetie and I had agreed to live together as friends (not for long!), and got a kitten from the animal shelter named Dexter. He was the first in a series of animal adventures we have had together! It was a great summer full of swimming, seeing free movies, and young love…awww.
2) What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today:
- Go to the chiropractor for my weekly adjustment. In the fall I found out I had two enlarged discs and a serious curve in my spine that I have been nursing back to functionality ever since.
- Pack up the rest of my office, the bathroom, and some clothes. I am procrastinating packing the kitchen because it is, in my opinion, where the most stuff lurks in ones home. Last time we moved, my MIL came over and packed up the kitchen for me!
- Take Big Martha for a walk.
- Knit! I think I can finish the stockinette on the Lelah top in a few more hours of knitting.
- Go over to the new house to let in the flooring guys. They are dropping off our new bamboo floor for the kitchen & sunroom so that the wood can acclimate to the unique climate of the house before installation next week.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Movie theater popcorn, anything pickled, sugar in just about any form from candy to baked goods, stinky cheese…this list is sounding dangerous! Actually all I snack on are healthful fruits and veggies, low fat dairy products, and whole grains… ; )
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Take a long trip around the world, visiting each continent.
- Buy a house with an ocean view, a killer kitchen, and a small, cheerful staff of people who will bring me fruits and bacon for breakfast, vacuum up all the animal hair from my beautiful furniture, and pull the weeds from the English garden.
- Fund a no-kill animal sanctuary.
- Write a novel.
- Fill a room with beautiful yarn that I would just go and roll around in, occasionally knitting some of it of course!
5) Places I have lived:
I was born in Idaho and lived there until I finished college. There was a few month sabbatical where I lived in Eugene, Oregon. After college, Sweetie and I moved to Jersey City, NJ where we worked and I schooled in Manhattan. Then it was off to Bloomington, Indiana where she went to graduate school. Now we’re in Connecticut! Can you see why I’m so tired of packing and moving?!
6) Jobs I have had:
An odd assortment: barista at several coffee shops, retail sales (JCPenney, Vanity, Claire’s, Borders), hawking popcorn at a movie theater, pastry chef, cake designer, human resources manager, standardized test administrator, hospice volunteer…it would seem I’ve been willing to do just about anything for a paycheck! A defined career doesn’t seem to be in the cards for me at this point, so I’m happy doing anything that doesn’t crush my spirit or take too much time away from my family and beloved hobbies.
7) Peeps I want to know more about:
Hmmm…how about these lovely bloggers:
And anyone else who feels like sharing. Have a great weekend!