Oh my. It has been a busy couple of weeks. I have been wanting to blog, wanting to take photos of the great new places and things I’ve been seeing, but I’m just feeling a bit tired and overwhelmed. But, there is a tug back to this space, a feeling that I should give you a little update as to the status of things in Peaceful Family-land.
- We are in Oregon, staying with my darling sister-in-law while we wait for our POD to arrive.
- The POD will arrive one week after us, which means that while we have made it to Oregon, we are neither in the actual town or house we will be living in. This is strange, and feels more like a vacation than a move.
- While staying with my sister last week, I awoke to the sound of cats fighting. I got up, turned on the light, and found one of my cats hanging upside-down by his nub tail, dangling from the blind cord. When I picked him up and set him on the windowsill, he turned and chomped on my finger. The cord had apparently looped over his tail while he was sitting in the window, and when he jumped down it hung him out to dry. I’m so glad it wasn’t around his neck and that he is okay.
- I have been knitting when I can, stitching away on Sweetie’s Crazy Zauberball socks.
- Knitting after being bitten by your cat is hard, even if he only bit your pinky.
- Knit a little, see how much you use your pinky. I bet it’s more than you thought.
- I have been reading The Passage, a book I first heard about from Lolly in one of her great book reviews. The story is rich and sad and scary; I can’t put it down!
- It’s cool and rainy here, which means I feel like curling up with some tea, my book, and knitting the day away. Time to find the LYS!
- I hope you are all well. I have been reading blogs and perusing Ravelry when I can, keeping up with what’s new in the knitting world. I look forward to getting settled in to my new life and sharing some of it with all of you. Until then, knit on and be well!